Re: [MiNT] fVDI and ARAnyM (was: Re: Shutdown() discussion)

Hi Konrad!

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> >> How a reeentrancy or no-reentrancy can be an issue here?
> >
> > Well, not exactly reentrancy, but exception handler call from within
> > another exception handler might bring problems. I don't know.
>
> Well, not "call", but "pass down". When you install your exception handler,
> you save its old value, and when your handler decides to not to handle the
> exception, it simply does a jmp to the address pointed to by the old vector.
> I cannot imagine how this could create problems.

Of course this way it works. I couldn't see how you can call BIOS from
within VDI trap. This is feasible. fine.

> >> Not much. I have to run FVDI from the auto folder.
> >
> > Could you describe why you have to?
>
> Because I need a vector-font GDOS. So I need to use NVDI. This only works
> when NVDI is loaded after the fVDI. And NVDI can only be loaded from the
> auto folder.

Oh, I see. hmm. As far the fVDI has still problems with compilation in
gcc. I would not bet in that. The bconout.prg should workaround such
situation hopefuly.

I'm looking forward the oVDI implementation as this should be the one
compilable just like the FreeMiNT kernel using gcc and
possibly crosscompiler. (Hey Odd! :))

best regards

STan