[MiNT] fVDI and ARAnyM (was: Re: Shutdown() discussion)

Hi!

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> I would not accept the explanation that "it could not be done", because
> obviously other VDIs can do it. The VT52 emulator is in ROM, it knows where
> to output the text to, so if fVDI is lacking the proper routines, perhaps it
> should just pass the stuff down to the BIOS?

This is interesting notice IMHO (redirect to BIOS - reentrancy?).

> 4) All this wouldn't be very important, if it didn't block the access to the
> boot menu, for example.

Hmm, I do run my FVDI.PRG from within the /etc/rc.local script just a line
before the finish. After that only the AES starts in my setup. So I can
see the boot menu and everything I might ever need.

Hope this helps.

best regards

STan