Re: [MiNT] Telnet?

on 6/29/03 11:31 AM, Jim DeClercq at jimd@panix.com wrote:

> I would like to use telnet to connect to a remote host. That
> remote host has telnet 1.5.4, I think, and the SpareMiNT/EasyMiNT
> telnet does not work properly with it. Non printing stuff before
> and after text strings prints, and word wraps the screen.

I use the telnet via the shell in mintnet every Tuesday to join a
telnet BBS chat that uses vt100 and it works fine.  I'm using
toswin so it's on the desktop in a window, I don't know if that makes
a difference or not.   I am by no means an expert in this area but I am
sure the BBS end is using vt100 as that is what I configured it to use.
I also got strange results until I set toswin to match as toswin was
initially set to vt52.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.q1.net/~atari/