[MiNT] Telnet?

This may be a very basic question.

I would like to use telnet to connect to a remote host. That
remote host has telnet 1.5.4, I think, and the SpareMiNT/EasyMiNT
telnet does not work properly with it. Non printing stuff before
and after text strings prints, and word wraps the screen.

NetBSD is the telnet I am trying to connect to, and it is
configurable in several different ways. I have tried the obvious
ones, with no success.

I have several ways to connect to that remote host to read my
mail, but the one using MiNT does not work very well, and I have
started to think that it is just a matter of trying to connect a
VT52 telnet to a VT100 remote host.

So, I went looking for NetBSD souce code for telnet with the
thought of compiling it with MiNT libraries, in the hope it would
work without causing me to work very hard, and did not find any.

I do know that TelVT102, now an Abandoned Project, does VT100,
and also connects properly to the version of telnet that comes
with NetBSD. That is what I am using, with STiNG for a stack,
right now. Sources for that are available.

My question--what sources can I use to build a working vt100
telnet with the least effort on my part?

Or can I talk someone else into doing this?

Since I have a way of connecting to a remote host with telnet, I
am not in any big hurry, and do have the sources for SpareMiNT
telnet, and the sources for TelVT102, and may eventually stir the
two together and get it to compile and run. Stranger things have
happened.

But if anyone wants a working telnet before I get around to doing
this, they will have to do it for themselves.

Right now I have a wall to wash.

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |