Re: [MiNT] line-endings and MiNT-Lib?

Hello!

> > Yes, the so called 'patch' (it's infact just a switch back to some older
> > code) have negative side effects under FreeMiNT.
>
> OK, fine. Could you explain what exactly these side effects are?

Some tools (I remember gnupg and rpm) don't work correctly if the
stdin/stdout/stderr isn't initialized statically (this is why the previous
dynamic initialiazion isn't fail safe in every case). Beside from that
it's a little bit mysterious as the static initialization should be
exatcly the same as the dynamic (at least I can't see any difference).

> Does that mean that for the time being we are stuck with the ugly (and
> error-prone) search-and-replace solution?

I don't understand what do you mean with that.

> P.S.: Sorry if all this seems rude to you Frank or any other committer, the
> only thing I want is just some more info about the matter.

A better patch is everytime welcome.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--