Re: [MiNT] line-endings and MiNT-Lib?

Hi Frank,

En réponse à Frank Naumann <fnaumann@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>:
> Some tools (I remember gnupg and rpm) don't work correctly if the
> stdin/stdout/stderr isn't initialized statically (this is why the
> previous
> dynamic initialiazion isn't fail safe in every case). Beside from that
> it's a little bit mysterious as the static initialization should be
> exatcly the same as the dynamic (at least I can't see any difference).

But the difference is here nevertheless. Under TOS, static initialization make
*printf output LF only while it should output CRLF.

> > Does that mean that for the time being we are stuck with the ugly
> (and
> > error-prone) search-and-replace solution?
> I don't understand what do you mean with that.

He means that he needs to replace every single '\n' in source code by '\r\n'
for the program to be useable under TOS.

I would vote for the removal of static initialization (ie application of
Patrice's patch). Then, if we have trouble with some software under MiNT, we
will need to find a way to fix this without breaking TOS support.

My 2 euro-cents,

Xavier