Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

Hello!

> On a size note: all of the systems (Plan9, BeOS, NeXTSTEP, and NT) are
> described in great detail in litterature or design documents. You can
> also get source code to a few of them including NT if you plan to do
> research on them.

But I don't like to know which things I must agree and sign to really get
this. AFAIK this isn't a great help at all.

> AFAIK, UNIX is not released from AT&T (or whoever owns the right to it)
> in any source form at all. And that is the entire point of the GNU
> project. Still we speak of UNIX as if it is commonly available.

Oh, your totally forgot the BSD variants: traditionally BSD 4.4 and the
modern variants NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD (especially the FreeBSD guys do
very interesting things); Linux and at least you can get the Solaris 8
Source now too from Sun.

And this is very large source base for investigation.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060