Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

Hi Frank,

> Until now there is nothing done. But if I remember correctly we speak here
> about future development, or?

Sure, it only sounded as if "kernel modules" were something already
present.

When is implemented please avoid linking the modules directly together
lazily as it is done IIRC in Linux. In my opinion it is better to use
vectors of pointers to functions and variables like it is done now with
device drivers and file systems. It might be that I'm damaged by exo and
micro kernels but I wouldn't want any kernel module to directly access
kernel structures. Instead, I would like to see rigid well defined
interfaces to kernel services. But that's a personal opinion.

Regarding the hardware aspects, you could see the proposed device driver
as a device driver to a very intelligent keyboard or mouse if that would
make you feel better. Until a proper module scheme exist I see no other
clean way of doing this.

Best regards
 Sven