Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

"Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz" wrote:

> > Hence my suggestion of the Pvaldate_vector system call.
>
> The call only would allow to verify pointers. While the main evil thing is
> that an AES with traditional design needs the memory protection to be
> hacked and overridden, which in turn creates all sort of crap problems
> with stability, signals, shutdown, exception handling and so on. That's
> why the F_OS_SPECIAL facility _will_ be removed some day. You apparently
> are the only one of the followers of this topic, who does not seem to
> understand this.

And you seem not to understand that my suggestion completes the implementation
of this flag, nothing more. The flag mey be wrong, but it is worse to have such
a flag and not giving opportunities to validate vectors.
As long as the flag is there, it must be as good as possible.
Not half harted as it is now.

I have my feet firmly on the ground.
It will take a long time before the ideal AES is concieved. All of this time
XaAES needs the flag AND it wants to do the same as XDDs and XFSs do to the
pointers they get from user code.

In the mean time I will make XaAES complete, correct and bug free.
I dont even consider a complete restructure before this state is reached.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl