Re: [MiNT] UTF-8 support

On 2000-4-27, Guido Flohr <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> wrote:

> proposal: There should be a VDI-based X server and AES calls
> should be emulated by X calls.

This has already been doen by a French programmer (if I recall,
it was Vincent Barillot)'s library that was designed to patch AES
calls into X calls.

> Besides, writing an X server is probably a lot less work than
> thinking of and implementing a new API for the GUI.

Here, I agree.

> Not here.  My system font is a Monaco font but MiNT ignores
> that on the console.  Maybe a problem of my graphics card but
> I always get the system font from the ROM.

No, that's because vcons directly calls the VT emulator, of what
I remember from the sources, and establishes its own screen
buffer separately from the main Console.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS