Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution [...]

On 2000-2-21, Katherine Ellis <kellis@fdn.com> wrote:

> Honestly: Some of you guys might not appreciate the "power"
> of MiNT and GEM/TOS, which is fine... But don't expect
> everyone to agree with that,

Exactly.  What's the point of emulating 68k on a PC, just to
test web pages on CAB 1.5 (for instance)?  Might as well use
Amaya which is even more WYSIWYG than CAB+qed/Everest.

However, I think Kellis touched upon a key point of recent talks
on this list:  Where do we wanna go tomorrow?

Lots of people are looking the Linux + TOS emulation way but, as
previous experience on people who bought MagicMac/PC prooves, TOS
stuff soon becomes secondary, then occasional, then non-existant,
once someone has access to a better supported OS.

I mean, look at all those past heroes of the Atari world; where
are they now?  Building collections of old ST stuff to CD "in
memory of the good old days" on MagicMac, between their chores
configuring customers' Windows at their job in an ISP.

> MiNT/Naes rules!!

Indeed.  I wished NVDI was as good and bug-free.  It seems to be
getting worse at every release...

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS