Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

> > The difference in between a computer and an emulator is very clear: A
>
> Of course they are two different things, but they are orthogonal rather than
> opposite. You run an emulator on a computer.
> Personally, I don't see a point in worrying about it.

What about taking the Gemulator2000 source code and extending it so it
would let MiNTNet communicate with the Windows machine over TCP/IP,
similarly as http://www.vmware.com/ does? I actually found VMware to be
very useful and I don't feel like using a toy when I run WindowsNT in a
window under Linux. This is because the emulated machine has full control
of the hardware (graphics, sound, networking, input devices) and
everything works as usually, plus you see the host machine in your network
neighboroughs. Easy.

Perhaps we might try to write an Atari emulator that wouldn't let people
feel like using a toy.... Honestly, PC hardware is cheaper and easier to
get than anything else these days. It's also very fast (the Athlon
example was quite clear).

But again, when running under emulator, why I would bother running CAB if
I could run IE?

Petr