Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.5

On 2000-2-13, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@nuts.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>
> > Thing, then Taskbar, then N.AES die with a bus error and crash
> > MiNT and everything started after it.  If mwlight is loaded as
> > accessory, the mouse locks completely even before those die.
>
> Have you registered Thing?

Yep.

> I remember having some really strange problems with Taskbar
> (if started from n_aes.cnf) and Thing 1.27 quite some time
> ago. It was quite similar to your problems, and it turned out
> to be a problem with Thing loading thingreg.ovl.

Thomas said that too but, when I asked him about that last week,
he had apparently changed his mind and said it has nothing to do
with thingreg.ovl, but it might be thingreg.ovl instead.

> I think the problem was solved by not running GEM-apps from
> n_aes.cnf. Adding (or removing?) thingreg.ovl fixed it
> entirely.

Is that supposed to pass for a fix?

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS