Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.5

Hi!

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 04:20:32PM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Thomas said that too but, when I asked him about that last week,
> he had apparently changed his mind

You should read your mail more carefully. I said I can't recall any bug
in thingreg.ovl. I may have forgotten it, but my history doesn't mention
anything. If someone can provide me with old mails where I really talk
about thingreg.ovl or the handling code having a bug, do so. But don't
forget to include the matching PGP signature, or - in case it's a
posting - the Deja News ID ...

> and said it has nothing to do with thingreg.ovl, but it might be
> thingreg.ovl instead.

I wrote "Does your problem go away when you rename thing.key to
thing.kex? Or does it go away when you rename thingimg.ovl to
thingimg.ovx (yes, thing_img_.ovl)?"

As I've not yet got any response to this, it seems you've decided to
just complain here, instead of showing interest in helping me find the
problem you have. Another example, I've also asked you to send the
addresses (AA, PC, BP) MiNT includes in the bus error message: No
reaction.

I'd really like to help you with your problem, but would you expect a
mechanic to fix your car remotely without providing him with more input
than just "The engine's dead", even when asked to?

Besides, the reason N.AES crashes afterwards is that if the system shell
(i.e. the desktop) has installed its own desktop via wind_set(0,
WF_NEWDESK, ...), N.AES will crash if the system shell now unexpectedly
dies. Rainer's informed about this.

Ciao

Thomas

--