Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.5

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> > What do you mean by "failed reboots"?
>
> Same as usual, only worse:
>
> Thing, then Taskbar, then N.AES die with a bus error and crash
> MiNT and everything started after it.  If mwlight is loaded as
> accessory, the mouse locks completely even before those die.

Have you registered Thing? I remember having some really strange problems
with Taskbar (if started from n_aes.cnf) and Thing 1.27 quite some time
ago. It was quite similar to your problems, and it turned out to be a
problem with Thing loading thingreg.ovl. It's been a while now, but I
think the problem was solved by not running GEM-apps from n_aes.cnf.
Adding (or removing?) thingreg.ovl fixed it entirely.

I don't think you can blame it on the kernel, it appears to be pretty
random what kernel it works on.

[10 minutes later]

OK, I've looked through the correspondance with Juhani (he was the one
with the problem mentioned above), and it was Thing 1.20, not 1.27, that
had that thingreg.ovl-bug. I can't remember if this was fixed in 1.27,
Thomas can probably tell.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/