Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is [long]

Katherine Ellis <kellis@fdn.com> writes:

> On 21 Feb 2000, Stefan Berndtsson wrote:
> >
> > No, _you_ could stick to whatever you like. I claim linux is a viable
> > choice as a base for expandning use of MiNT, _just_ because there is
> > source available that can be reused for that purpose.
>
> Ok, I agree with that, however, put linux68k (to help expanding MiNT).
> Although this raise a "stupid" question, are we actually allowed to take
> linux src code and put it in MiNT? isn't there a little limitation of GPL?

You are allowed to use anything in linux as long as MiNT (or whatever
you want to call what you release using it) is GPL as well.

If you do not use GPL as a license, linux source code is not
an option to be to integrated in mint. You could however still
put out GPLed drivers and modules for use with mint.

> > > Heck, TC mode on falcon is not even supported with linux68k.
> >
> > Yes it is.
>
> aha good news :) when did that happen?

Long time ago.. it just isn't usable as console, but you can change
to it and use the graphic mode.