Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is [long]

Katherine Ellis <kellis@fdn.com> writes:

> On 21 Feb 2000, Stefan Berndtsson wrote:
> >
> > No, _you_ could stick to whatever you like. I claim linux is a viable
> > choice as a base for expandning use of MiNT, _just_ because there is
> > source available that can be reused for that purpose.
>
> Ok, I agree with that, however, put linux68k (to help expanding MiNT).
> Although this raise a "stupid" question, are we actually allowed to take
> linux src code and put it in MiNT? isn't there a little limitation of GPL?

The limitation is that you have to release your modified code as GPL
as well. That doesn't mean you have to change the whole FreeMiNT
kernel to GPL, only the driver code, in which you have used previously
GPLed code.

> > > Heck, TC mode on falcon is not even supported with linux68k.
> > Yes it is.
> aha good news :) when did that happen?

oh, about version 2.0.18.. I dunno, that was my first Linux version on
the Falcon, and I ran TC then. It's probably been available before
that too.

Tomas