Re: [MiNT] How to unmount a partition?

Hi!

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 09:39:48PM +0100, Michael Schwingen wrote:
> So the only thing needed would be a method to call a unmount/eject
> action in the filesystem, instead of the harddisk driver (which will
> not flush buffers and set the clean flag).

MagiC already supports the CDROMEJECT-Dcntl()-Command for non-CDROMs as
well, and since this it's already defined in include/dcntl.h, it might
be a good idea to support it as well. Maybe this would need another
extension to the XFS interface, though, but it might be possible without
it.

And at least Thing (I guess Jinnee as well) tries CDROMEJECT first,
before falling back to XHDI, so this would be a way to safely eject
media if the kernel ensures that, for example on ext2 filesystems, the
clean flag is set correctly.

Ciao

Thomas

--