Re: [MiNT] How to unmount a partition?

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 05:26:56PM +0100, Thomas Binder wrote:

> MagiC already supports the CDROMEJECT-Dcntl()-Command for non-CDROMs as
> well, and since this it's already defined in include/dcntl.h, it might
> be a good idea to support it as well. Maybe this would need another
> extension to the XFS interface, though, but it might be possible without
> it.

That sounds like the thing I wanted: it won't get us the same possibilities
of mounting anything anywhere, but it will give safe handling of ejectable
media.

While we are at it, the FS should also have a means of locking the drive as
long as modified buffers exist. That way, you could always use the eject
button as long as you have not modified data. The first write will lock the
eject button until the fs is clean again (possibly by using the EJECT Dcntl,
or by some timeout mechanism).

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen