Re: [MiNT] Security again

On 16.11.1999, Jörg Westheide <Joerg_Westheide@su.maus.de> wrote:

> KMK>Knowing Frank, I guess he had a good reason to do it,
>
> All he told me about that is, that he has the suspicion that
> it might make problems in the future and that some other
> people see it the same way. Fantastic reason :-(

Valid reason, but the fact it wasn't discussed with the list
should make his changes void; people should consider 1.15.3b the
last official one, not 1.15.4b.

> KMK>At the other hand, the kernel maintainer maintains the kernel, and
> KMK>may not have time/skills to be a public relations agency...

Maintainer:  someone who _coordinates_ the groups' efforts.

And yes, it _does_ involve PR skills.  Everything in life does,
nowadays.  The days of the quiet nerd locked into the backroom,
disconnected from the rest of the world, are long gone.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk