Re: [MiNT] Security again

Hi Joerg

> KMK>of course, not keeping the original CJar functionality (like
> KMK>*everyone* can write stuff to it and it means anything).
> And that is something I consider t be very problematic.
> Of course it would have been better if Atari had made another, better,
> definition of the cookie jar (interface), but they didn't

Which is quite unfortunate, when we come across a problem of a choice
between compatibility with the single-user, single-tasking DR-DOS (TOS)
and the features expected from a multiuser, multitasking MiNT.

> KMK>My proposal does not quite break this function of the cookie
> KMK>jar (unless you load a TSR from the desktop, but well, this problem
> KMK>is also solveable, by making an update of the global cookie jar with
> KMK>the contents of private jar attributed to the TSR, when this one
> KMK>calls Ptermres()).
> There can be programs which are no TSRs, but insert some useful information
> into the jar

For example, which one is such a program (except N.AES, which is
F_OS_SPECIAL and does not count here).

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@atari.org                  |  Atari Falcon030 user   |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.