Re: [MiNT] kernel development

> > why not have the kernel look for /etc/hostname file and ,
> > if found, export the value as the HOSTNAME string?
>
> It's not the kernel's responsibility to set environment variables
> (other than those explicitly requested in mint.cnf)

Then, can we have the kernel write "setenv HOSTNAME name" to a file?
sorry if i seem wicked, but i'm just trying to avoid duplicating
variables in mint.cnf, profile and cshrc if possible.

> Use your system startup script(s) to set them,

I tried putting "export HOSTNAME=`hostname`" in /etc/rc but
login did not find it.

> > Any way this could be fixed?
>
> I'll have to try to reproduce that, first.

Btw, since both the "cd" command and Thing are affected, this
looks like a kernel or FATFS problem.

--
Martin-Eric Racine        http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/