Re: [MiNT] kernel development

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Then, can we have the kernel write "setenv HOSTNAME name" to a file?
> sorry if i seem wicked, but i'm just trying to avoid duplicating
> variables in mint.cnf, profile and cshrc if possible.

There should be NO varaiables in mint.cnf, esp not a HOSTNAME variable

Why should you want a hostname variable in profil or cshrc???

All this kind of work should be done from the INIT program and it's
configuration scripts.

> > Use your system startup script(s) to set them,
>
> I tried putting "export HOSTNAME=`hostname`" in /etc/rc but
> login did not find it.

login???

You want to change the loginprompt or what???

It's done in the /etc/gettytab if I'm not misstaken.

//Robert