Re: [MiNT] Problem 1.15.1-1.4 kernel to load Thing 1.27

Hiya!

> > Interresting, because if/when Thing crashes upon bootup, it is right
> > after the menubar is displayed, when it's about to load the background.
>
> I rather think it's when the registration module is about to be run to
> open the windows. This is more critical when cache flushing doesn't work
> properly.

Except, myself, i'm on a TT, not a Hades.

> > Btw, it seems Wdialog is to blame for these crashes, but then again
> > Thing 1.09 doesn't have that problem; only Thing 1.27 hates Wdialog.
>
> Thing 1.09 didn't have the before-mentioned registration module, so this
> seems to be the cause.

That might explain it.

> But if WDIALOG is really the baddy here: Don't expect me to find
> another workaround for a problem connected with this hack-like
> program.

Unfortunately, you might have to, because too many important software
rely upon Wdialog for their font-selection and printer-setup.

Anyways, see what you can do about your registration module first, it
might be enough to fix it permanently. ;-)

Oh, btw, when is the next release due?  I keep on hearing about new
stuff (you're apparently up to 1.30 beta now) and it sounds exciting.

--
Martin-Eric Racine       http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/