Re: [MiNT] Problem 1.15.1-1.4 kernel to load Thing 1.27

Hi!

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 01:00:24PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> Interresting, because if/when Thing crashes upon bootup, it is right
> after the menubar is displayed, when it's about to load the background.

I rather think it's when the registration module is about to be run to
open the windows. This is more critical when cache flushing doesn't work
properly.

> Btw, it seems Wdialog is to blame for these crashes, but then again
> Thing 1.09 doesn't have that problem; only Thing 1.27 hates Wdialog.

Thing 1.09 didn't have the before-mentioned registration module, so this
seems to be the cause. But if WDIALOG is really the baddy here: Don't
expect me to find another workaround for a problem connected with this
hack-like program.

Ciao

Thomas

--