Re: [MiNT] Problem 1.15.1-1.4 kernel to load Thing 1.27

Hiya Gryf!

> Well, as far as I know jinnee does not use overlay modules for
> registration and background picture handling. The way Thing loads these
> in a memory-protection-safe manner requieres a clean cache-handling in
> Pexec().

Interresting, because if/when Thing crashes upon bootup, it is right
after the menubar is displayed, when it's about to load the background.

In my case, I have about 40 MB of RAM, so I don't think it is because
I don't have enough memory to load the image.

Btw, it seems Wdialog is to blame for these crashes, but then again
Thing 1.09 doesn't have that problem; only Thing 1.27 hates Wdialog.

--
Martin-Eric Racine       http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/