Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.15.1

On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 05:36:58PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> I think that this recent official release should have been labeled with
> 1.16 at least. The reason for this is that MiNT version is stored in the

Agreement.  Don't be se greedy with the version numbers.

The same applies for the subsubsubsub version numbering of the
distributions.  A while ago (after Ssystem was introduced) there was also
sort of an agreement on something like

	MAJOR.MINOR.[REVISION[.BETATAG]]

At least that's what the Ssystem docs say.  Directory names like
"1.15.1-1.0.7-src" are a little confusing to me.  I would prefer
"mint-1.16.32m".  The revision and the optional betatag allow for
thousands of possibilities of subversion numbering.  This would also allow
an exact identification of the kernel version via Ssystem.  The BUILD_TIME
resp. BUILD_DATE stuff only helps with precompiled kernels.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000