Re: [MiNT] 030-only binaries

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Juhani Sivusalo wrote:

> BTW. I do have working WvDial package, but quess what; _YES_ compiled with
> -m68881 flag on again ;-)

That's alright./
No one forces anyone to release some binaries of some ports.
That is 100% up to you.
I just think that it is waste of time/effort to not provide them,
as all people wanting to use a software will have to port it himself.
Needless to say, have to download gcc and all libs etc. And know how to
code in C. which might be a granted thing to you. But is not for a simple
user wanting to use one piece of software. All the ports I do/did, I
always ftp'ed them,. Just in case it might help someone else. And also to
show that we still get new software for our platform, still a reason for
ftp to exist and be maintained etc. Keeps activity :) and adds more news
to our not so bright future community.

"Just like a rolling stone..."

Just the same purpose of a FAQ.
If no FAQ is available for whatever subject, people always ask the same
questions, over and over again, with of course the same answers over
and over. Just waste in my opinion, but that's just me. It is a hard job
to maintain a FAQ, I wouldn't do it myself.