Re: [MiNT] Problems with booting up N.AES (again)

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:

> Hi zpq!

Hello!

> > cd /c/n_aes/    ;or cd /d/usr/gem/n_aes/ if N.AES is running from minix.
> > ./n_aes030.sys
>
> You should try to copy n_aes030.sys to /usr/multitos/gem.sys, set the suid
> bit on /usr/etc/execmtos (included in K[GE]MD) and then simply launch
> execmtos.  This works, and with the suid thing you will work as an
> ordinary user under N.AES.  Problem: if you exit N.AES the getty still
> seems to work but you can't see anything because the screen is messed up
> (I think it's in the wrong resolution).  But everything is really working,
> if you can type "blindly" you can even restart N.AES to have a nice screen
> again.

I have tested that but no change. I think I have found why the 1.15.1-1.2
and 1.15.1-1.3 kernels does not work.

Then I boot up clean (mintmp.prg with mintos + N.AES) I get the message:
pid 55 (AESSYS): realloc_region: need 153000 bytes, only have 38400

I get the message again then I try to change from 2 to 16 colours.

I get the same message if I boot up with AES v4.1. I missed this message
before because it happend then he tryed to change screenrez but now I
debug to my printer.

The problem seems to be: the mintkernel does not give the aes neccesery
screenmemory and that explain why I cant change screenrez and why Blowboot
crash.

// ZPQ