Re: [MiNT] Problems with booting up N.AES (again)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> So start it from FATFS and see what happens (I mean: reconfigure
> everything so that Minix FS is not used at bootup time when AES
> initializes).

I have now tested to run N.AES from c:\n_aes\ with MiNT 1.15.1-1.3 kernel
and here is the result:

Boot with only MINTNP.PRG + N.AES
 Without mintos: works perfectly.
 With mintos: N.AES boot up in 2 colours (it should be 16) and then I
 changed screenrez I was getting this message,
 pid 66 (AESSYS): kmemory.c, 1456: kmalloc (16234) fail, out of memory?
 and all memory was gone.

MINTNP.PRG and nvdi + N.AES
 Without mintos: works perfectly.
 With mintos: the screen looks wierd but mint still lives.

MINTNP.PRG with Blowboot + N.AES
 Without mintos: works perfectly.
 With mintos: Krash! Everything freeze then he boot N.AES.

MINTNP.PRG with nvdi and Blowboot + N.AES
 Without mintos: works perfectly.
 With mintos: Krash! Everything freeze then he boot N.AES.

I boot up N.AES with a script in /usr/local/bin and it looks like this:

cd /c/n_aes/    ;or cd /d/usr/gem/n_aes/ if N.AES is running from minix.
./n_aes030.sys

I have tested to boot N.AES manually but it was no difference.

All tests is made without accs aso. My Falcon is setted to boot in 2
colours in nvram and I boot N.AES in 16 colours (newdesk.inf).

The really wierd thing is, if I boot with the MiNT v1.15.1-1.1 kernel
everything works fine and it's no difference if I boot up N.AES from
/usr/gem/n_aes or c:\n_aes

My computer is as you maybe know Falcon 14MB, Tos 4.04, Screenblaster,
N.AES v1.2.0 + mintos and NVDI v 4.12

... and I'm sorry for my bad english!

// ZPQ