(off-topic) Re: [MiNT] administrativia

"Guido Flohr" <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 12:55:42PM +0300, Teemu Hukkanen wrote:
> > Martin-Eric Racine <q-funk@pp.fishpool.com> writes:
> > >    Please disable V-cards or any sort of appended documents and
> > >    refrain from using HTML messages.  Plain text is mandatory.
> > >    (PGP signatures can be pasted at the bottom, instead of attached,
> > >     if you really need to include yours)
> >
> > V-cards and PGP-signatures are generally a good thing, and will not be
> > discouraged. If *your* MUA doesn't handle PGP/MIME *or* vCard, don't
> > complain to the list about it.
>
> Furthermore, PGP-signatures have to be an attachment. Otherwise they are
> quite useless. PGP-keys or fingerprints can be embedded.

PGP-signatures don't have to be MIME attachments. (Many MUA's still
don't understand MIME (or PGP/MIME) correctly)

> For me it's also against the netiquette to criticize people for their mail
> formats in public.

Sorry for my _response_ to such an e-mail (where I mainly criticized the
previous criticism), if that offended you.

> It's off-topic (like this mail, sorry) and not very nice.  A personal
> mail would do just as well.

I wanted to correct what you said publically on the list, so I felt that
it was necessary to reply to the list.