Re: [MiNT] HARD-DISK DYING

	---- Oops... Sounds like the bearing is gone. Back up ASAP... ----

> > 	A normal AT-PSU (not ATX!) plugs right in,
>
> I'll try that.  Anyways, the TT's original PSU is a bit limited,
> especialy if one intends upon adding several peripherics on VME
> and SCSI buses.  I'll ask Best Electronics what model/make they
> usually sell as a replacement, since theirs is apparently best.

	---- It'll probably be twice as expensive as a standard PSU... My TT
came without a PSU, I got one from a Compaq PC for free, it was small enough
to fit inside the TT with a bit of hacking... ----

> Btw, should that internal drive be SCSI-terminated?  I've heard
> several contradictory opinions about that:
>
> 1) only the last device of the whole lot should be terminated
> 2) both internal drive and last external device should be terminated
> 3) only internal drive needs termination
>
> Which one is it?

	--- (2) is the correct method, the last physical device on both the
internal and external chain should be terminated. Real Life is not that
simple, it depends on the lenght of the cables, the drive and the number of
connected devices. My internal drive is terminated (540Mb Seagate), but when
I connect external devices the internal drive stops working... ----

> Btw, Jo, could you please configure your mailer to use the normal
> "Re:" for replies, instead of the norwegian equivalent?  Thanks.

	---- I wish I could, but the paranoid fascist-setup at work won't
let me do it :-( I'll try to remember to do it manually though. ---

	Jo Even Skarstein