Re: [MiNT] Problems with booting up N.AES (again)

Thomas GOIRAND wrote:

> >Problem: if you exit N.AES the getty still
> >seems to work but you can't see anything because the screen is messed up
> >(I think it's in the wrong resolution).  But everything is really working,
> >if you can type "blindly" you can even restart N.AES to have a nice screen
> >again.
>
>         IMHO, it seems not to be because of a wrong resolution. In fact,
> NAES does not change the resolution when it quits.

However, if you use a resolution enhancer like blowboot or
falconscreen, or
somehow change the colordepth at the time of AES start (I'm still not
sure of the strange moments NEWDESK.INF is checked for resolution
settings even when not using the rom desktop) then then n.aes does
change the resolution when it STARTS. And as indeed the resolution is
indeed not changed when it exits, you end up with a messed up console
(because the console assumes it's still in the original resolution
configured in the nvram).

>         Moreover, on my config, the main console seems to have problems.
> When I see the login-promt running on it, it works. Then, after I log in,
> the screen output is broken, and it does not show anything, exept when
> a program write in inverse-video, like NAES does at startup : it writes
> a black line, but steel without any text !

I remember having had this problem a couple of times as well, but I
haven't been able to reconstruct it lately. I vaguely remember that it
was influenced by running (or not running) nvdi, but as I said, I
can't figure out how it happened anymore. :)

Maurits.

PS I think this is one of the pervertedly-formatted mails like
nutscrape usually produces; if it is, my apologies but I can only use
nutscrape here at work because of the firewall. :)