Re: [MiNT] Anyone has?

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 01:41:53 +0000, kellis wrote:

->Done the port of mswordview latest version?

  Don't know about that one! ;-)

->Same for micq 0.4.0?

  I just tried the v4 release that Dan Ackerman ported for the
  STing api...Interesting. It does work, but seems to have a few
  glitches and improvements:

  I can't get the color to work correctly under TOSWIN2. Text is
  one solid color, no diffs.
  Its slightly slower than v3.4, even though I am running it from
  my MiNT partition.
  It does not show anyone on my contact list as being online, even
  though I know they are there, and exchange messages with them.

  It does use the backspace key correctly, so editing is possible
  if you make a typo.
  Sound, other than the system beep is possible using the MiNT
  audio device (have not tried this yet though)

->Earlier version compiled almost fine.
->But now, not anymore.
->What's wrong? Why do we have such a hard time 80% of the time?
->I do know that mswordview latest for example are not very cleanly written,
->yet it works on many platform. (latest version, remember).

  I wish we were more mainstream compatible with the current Unix/Linux
  standards as well. It would be nice to just be able to "make" any new
  release (or at least with few changes)...

->Anyone working with mintlibs should at least give a try to see how bad it
->just fails to compile.

  You're right, but of course I have the old libs. ;-(

->I am just incompetant in C. :(

  Don't be too hard on yourself! ;-)

      /               /   SysOp of the DarkForce! BBS   /               /\
     /    --T--      /   Phone 1-606-886-9014 Today!   /     /\        / /
    /  -A T A R I-  /   The Fuji -still- Lives...!!   /  Dark><Chyld  / /
   /      --G--    /   My ICQ # is 2 0 6 2 3 9 0 4   /       \/      / /