Re: [MiNT] Problems with booting up N.AES (ag

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 08:00:40PM +0000, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:15:37 +0300, Thomas GOIRAND wrote:
>
> > 	IMHO, it seems not to be because of a wrong resolution. In fact,
> > NAES does not change the resolution when it quits.
>
> This is the problem :-) MiNT boots in one resolution, typically
> 640x480 on my Nova. When I start N.AES from this console, it changes
> to it's default resolution (1024x768), but when it exit it doesn't
> switch back to the original videomode. The console still things it's
> running in 640x480 while the real resolution is 1024x768...

I'm having a similar problem:  I'm trying to write a program that uses VDI
graphics routines but _without_ the AES running (because I want to start
the AES with that app).  I open my physical workstation and the call is
successful, yet, there is only garbage on the screen.  The same happens
when I start N.AES and exit it.

So how can I change the resolution?  With the GEMDOS calls?  My problem is
rather in the other direction.  I need to switch from 640 x 480 to
whatever the video card makes (1024 x 768 on my machine).

Is there anything else I have to take care of when using the VDI w/o AES?
I vaguely remember something of an alpha mode of the VDI.  Is it necessary
to explicitely switch to graphics mode?  What about returning to a
console?  Will this require a switch-back to alpha mode?

Any help is appreciated!

Ciao

Guido
--