Re: [MiNT] Kernal questions.

Actually, the point is well taken.  25 line screens are a problem.
 if you have 200 objects.   patitioning these things would be helpful.
 why not create u:/dev/xxx subdirectories with some kind of naming
 convention.   My machines always have a lot of devices.
  some internal some external. So this is a characteristic problem.
  I persnally find it a nuisance in Linux, HPUX, my PC and all my
  ataris. I have a mega 4, STE and falcon. working. I have others.

thomas.goirand@easynet.fr wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:32:24 +0100 (EET), Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> > >   Note that hate the unix shem, and that I can remember the scsi device namingformat... but a cool access to partitions as devices would be a good idear,if only a cool graphical interface where provided to manage mounting problems.
> >
> > Why not just u:\dev?
> Because, to me, /dev is realy messy... there are already lots of files
> in it, and I cant stand a 'ls' that ansers with a 200 lines text that do
> not feet my screen. But this is only my point. And what about putting
> thoses devices in /dev/tos ? This would be a good idear to wouldn't it ?
>
> --- end of message ---
> --- Thomas Goirand alias Zigo on #demofr, #atari on IRCnet  ---
> --- MIDI composer            ---          680x0 & GEM Coder ---
> --- mailto:thomas.goirand@easynet.fr (Look ! New email adr) ---

Joe Widows  --   972 783 8944
I go sailing in the summer and look at stars in the winter.
Everybody's ignorant-- just on different subjects.
---- Will Rogers jr.----