Re: [MiNT] MiNTlib - new functions

On Mon, Dec 28, 1998 at 11:36:58AM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> I am talking about single TOS on a machine of an average user (or even
> BFU). No UNIXMODE variable can be used.

As long as the user on the single TOS machine can set environment
variables UNIXMODE /can/ be used.  The UNIXMODE kludge is a
MiNTlib feature, not a MiNT feature.

Anyway, as far as I remember the MiNTlib sources the library only
implements a small subset of the UNIXMODE features.  I think
it is only the "r" flag (set root directory to ...) and the
slash flag (accept slash as path separator).  The rest gets
ignored.

> I have just written a simple routine that would convert the example
> above to file_tar.gz. I can offer it to anyone if interested, or make it
> a part of MiNTlib (if we agreed on that).

I agree if you make that dependend of the UNIXMODE envariable.
If UNIXMODE doesn't say anything about filename conversion
I would leave the names untouched.

Ciao

Guido
--