Newbie Apology

Hi,
    It's me again...

    Many apologies for opening a can of worms over vt102...
It was never my intent to flame, or draw flames to individuals and
their pet projects.  I'm new to the admin end of Mint and Unix-like systems,
and simply wanted to know if I was missing something that DOES exist, or how
to get as close as possible...and only meant for my "gripes" to serve as
examples to my habits in the likely event that "I" was missing
something, or doing something wrong on my end.

    Thanks to those who have assisted in directing me closer to that
"ideal" I'm searching for.

    Ending on a positive note :)
Someone pointed out my TW100 is a version or two behind the current*my mistake*,
so I'll be checking out the newer one ASAP.  I'm thinking VT100 may not
be able to do what I envision, but then again, I have no fact based clue as
to the differences between VT100 and VT102...I'm just a bone-head user that
got his first compiler a few weeks ago (what's it do?).

    One specific example of a capability I'd "like to have".
*TW II may do this properly, I haven't checked yet*

Run Tiny Fugue In split screen mode so that each half truly scrolls...
Luckily, tf allows the user to disable scrolling so that text wraps back
to the top, clearing two following lines instead, and also offers settings
to "clear on return" and other such adjustments.  So yay!  With minor
adjustments and lots of trial and error studying I did finally get it to work
at least :)  In all cases with tw so far, tf had to be told manualy via
user attributes not to scroll, and to clear old lines of text in a wrapping
like manner.

I could be wrong, but it seems the partial screen scroll is about the
only major difference in VT100 and VT102....is it not?  I did some
tests on an XT with ProCom at work, and found that VT100 hated split
screen stuff like tf and irc, while VT102 had it over for a plesant brekfast :)
Also noticed that other programs behave differently as well (such as
ntalk, rtin, and some of the odd ball piped and shared cut and paste modes
of emacs)...VT100 rolls, or clears and redraws the whole screen, and VT102
almost always scrolls.

Oh well...nothing major important...I'm slowly learning the
workarounds.  Man I do wish these internet providers would quit
compiling all their stuff with hard code VT102 flags set (bypassing the
termcap)!  Or maybe some binary distributions went out that way?  I run
into this alot on linux boxes :/

Thanks folx,
Brian