Re: Newbie Apology

On Tue, 12 May 1998 08:46:17 -0500, Brian J. Roland wrote:

BJR>Oh well...nothing major important...I'm slowly learning the
BJR>workarounds.  Man I do wish these internet providers would quit
BJR>compiling all their stuff with hard code VT102 flags set (bypassing the
BJR>termcap)!  Or maybe some binary distributions went out that way?  I run
BJR>into this alot on linux boxes :/

Perhaps I don't understand your problem clearly, but I think that the
solution for you is to stop using telnet and start using the irc, mail,
news and other clients on your own MiNT system... That should really
solve all VTxxx problems at once, everything would be much faster and
also more logical.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer