SPIN problem?

Hi,

I have burnt my first data CD under WinNT. The CD writting software
offered three options of ISO9660 filesystem names: strict ISO 8+3, or
DOS 8+3 (more ASCII codes allowed), or WinNT fs (up to 128 chars). As I
needed to read the CD under TOS and DOS (didn't need long filenames), I
chose the middle option, DOS filenames.

Now the CD is fine under both DOS and TOS, but under MiNT (CD-Tools
driver + SPIN 0.34 driver) it behaves strangely:

- Thing 1.20 (and other system tools) shows all filenames on CD in upper
  case (which is probably right, all TOS filenames are in uppercase in
  Thing)

- bash's TAB feature (filename autocompletion) shows filenames in upper
  case (which is probably wrong, when compared with autocompletion on
  native TOSfs drives)

- ls (GNU fileutils 3.9, KGMD) shows all filenames in lower case (OK)

- find /r/ -name "*" -print does list only folders in root in lower case
  but cannot go recursively into them (probably because it lists the
  folders in lowercase while they're actually in uppercase for MiNT, so
  it can't CD (change dir) into them and so can't list the entire dir
  tree).

my problem is that 'find' (GNU find 4.1, KGMD) is basically unusable on
this CD.

When I tried correctly created ISO+RR CD with long filenames, all
programs mentioned above were showing filenames correctly.

So I *think* that it's a hidden feature of SPIN that *some* system utils
(ls, find) show 8+3 DOS filenames in lowercase while other (bash, system
part of find?) show uppercase. Under MiNT all DOS filenames on CD should
probably be in lowercase, to be compatible with TOSfs drives.

Opionions? Hints? Bugfixes?

Thanks

Petr
--