Re: Ssystem bug

> > I've already fixed this (in mkbuild.c); unfortunately, after pl 7
> > release.
>
> Please change it back before you apply my patches.  I've
> completely changed it.  It works better now, and you don't
> have to recompile ssystem.c over and over again but only
> before mint*.prg is linked together.

OK. This is not a big problem. Just for caveats for a documentation. I've
added a line to the ssystem.doc that Ssystem() is officially supported
from 1.15 :-) so we have some time to sort everything out and agree on
any detail.

> > That is, we can allow 1.14.7 to display "Sun 5 Mar" though 5th March,
> > Sunday 1998 does not exist :) From next release it will return 1 for Jan,
> > 2 for Feb etc.
> >
> > Day of week is most problematic, because Sunday may be considered as 1st
> > day of a week or as a last day of a week. So it is uncertain whether to
> > return 0, 1 or 7. But according to the Bible :-) we can use 7 for Sunday
> > :)
>
> As I already said:  Library bindings should fix that.  No problem
> since Ssystem() allows to request the patch level.  But before
> any further change we should for a decision on the format (see my other
> posting).

I don't think it is worth fixing in the library, at least it is mostly
"visual" stuff and I can't imagine a program that would depend on the
kernel build date anyways...

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.