Re: PPP dialer (Re: TOS platform)

> Oh btw, I use N.AES 1.1.0 and run it "by default" (started from ttytab),
> so also when I successfully run pppd from a vconsole.

That's the most weird thing 8) I remember a mail posted here many months
ago about troubles with keeping stable serial connections up when AES
is running (that wasn't the TCP/IP as I remember, just two computers
were connected via RS). But your experience seems to indicate that a
problem is not the AES itself residing in the memory, but the problem
occurs when you start the connection from GEM. Weird.

The only difference I can think about now is, that if you start pppd
from the GEM, it probably is started via AES by shell_write(), while
text shell on a vconsole uses P_exec(). But I can't say it is clarifying
anything 8|

The best thing Atari could do for us (as a sort of saying goodbye when
they decided to piss us off) was to release sources for the system
software, including GEM 4.10. Perhaps we could do something about it now.

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.