Re: TOS platform (Re: Opera)

> > Perhaps it worth mailing Falke Verlag about the current stage of the
> > Milan. If it really works and costs 1400DM as they promised, I would get
> > this tomorrow.
>
> It's supposed to be released in February. If it really is, and if it's
> possible to buy just the motherboard (I have everything else,
> including CPU) then I'll buy one ASAP.

What is "everything else" you need to run Milan? I guess some sort of
video card, some sort of keyboard & mouse interface, some sort of hard
disk controller as well as hard disk itself and a bit of floppy drive. How
does it work? I can guess hard drives & floppies are standardized enough
to put drivers to ROM, but what about video stuff?

> > > Yes! I suggest (like I've done a million times) that we page all
> > > alternate RAM, that should be sufficient. Are there any good reason
> > > *not* to page TT/fastRAM?
> >
> > Not any I could see ATM.
>
> Just thought of one: Clones like the Hades or Milan doesn't have
> "fastRAM", all RAM is "ST-RAM" (but fast!). I guess it should be
> possible to do something like Il Profesore did with his VM-routines
> though (i.e. to register some of the ordinary mem as alternate mem).

So its rather all Fast RAM and zero ST-RAM :) Anyways, does this make
a difference? The computer has to have 14 MB RAM area at the bottom of the
address space, 2 MB of reserved/hardware-i/o space above it and the rest
should be RAM :)) For the PMMU it doesn't matter (I guess) whether it is
ST RAM or Fast RAM or whatever the RAM is called...

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.