Re: porting?

  hello Petr,

  >The source code of Netscape WWW browser will be released as well.

  >Any volunteers for porting those programs to MiNT ? :-)

  this seems a huge task, I wonder if there's any point here.

Yah, huge task is right.

  Since there are already some very capable mail and news
  clients for the atari machines, the only interest i see
  would be to have a browser which would comply with the
  latest HTMl specs, plus javascript support. And only for
  680x0 (x>3) based machines (you have to support multithread),
  with loads of mem (>=14Mo)...

MiNT is multithreaded, on all 68000+ machines. That's not the
problem...

  Wouldn't it be easier to just take those parts of interest
  and put them in an already existing browser ?

Yes. Maybe. Still a lot of rewriting. For example, CAB is written in
Pascal. I'd guess that Netscape is in C++.