Re: porting?

  Hi,

  GCC 2.8.0 has been released (and 2.8.1 is going to be released soon).

I hadn't been keeping track, good to know.

  The source code of Netscape WWW browser will be released as well.

I've been watching this for a while. I'm certainly going to at least
download the code and look it over.

  Any volunteers for porting those programs to MiNT ? :-)

GCC ought to already have Atari support in it. Or has all of that stuff
fallen out of the main distribution again?

Porting Netscape - well, it's on my list, but the first thing is just to
get a look at the code, and see how well it's written. There are other
freeware browsers out there, all of which provide interesting features,
and all of which come with annoying amounts of inefficient code... My
guess, since Netscape is descended from Mosaic, and was written by PC
programmers using Microsoft compilers, is that the code sucks big time.
We'll see.
  -- Howard