Re: Why bother?

> I've been reading the messages on this mailing list for about 6 months
> now and was wondering what people actually use MiNT and it's various
> compnents for.
>
> I used to use MiNTnet and lynx (thankyou to whoever compiled Lynx) but
> since getting hold of a PC (a neccesary evil these days) I don't need
> to.
>
> How about everybody else, what do YOU use MiNT for?

	I use MiNT+MiNTNet for work. That's about as 'real world' as you
get. MiNT has been a major contributor to my employment over the last 12
months. Without MiNT+MiNTNet, and my experience with it, I'd never have
gotten this satellite telemetry job. (BTW, the multitasking kernel it uses
(on a 68360) is very MiNTlike and very magical. There's some trememndously
neat ideas that would look damn sexy in the MiNT kernel)

	Also, there's a MiNT system out here, running custom typesetting
software that is the envy of similar PC setups.

> Okay, so you've got a UNIX type system running, but what about real
> world applications (things other than porting programs and getting
> them to compile). I'd be very interested to know.
>
> Please forgive me if I come across as a bit of a diskhead, it's late
> and I've been drinking but I'm just curious.

Bah. A little sullen and reactionary is all.