Re: Complete system on MiNT

>Now I have Free-MiNT, but it is not that big satisfaction: it stays there,
>under my GEM, but I cannot see any difference.

You can multitask any number of TOS/TTP applications, as well as run
MiNT-NET.

>This foreword, only to ask a question: of the several AES replacements, are
>there any of them freeware/shareware with a good possibility to run my
>existing GEM programs in multitasking? And can I download something from
>one of the usual sites on the Internet?

None are free or FTPable at this time, however, at least 2 such AES
replacements are in the works.

>Just to open a new discussion, I would like to have some advice on what I
>should have to build a nice/usable working environment based on MiNT. The
>proposed discussion starts from the list of vorious environments built/used
>by the other MiNT users and developers.

Most MiNT users run a system very similar to Unix and either do not use
a GUI, or use a non-GEM GUI such as W or X.  Your idea of a 'usable'
eenvironment is different from everyone elses, and a 'nice' environment is
even more a user-choice topic.

The real question is .. what do you want MiNT to do?  I know what I want
mine to do, and I need more memory :-)