Re: TOS 2.06

I know that this isn't strictly MiNT related, but I don't have access
to newsgroups, so apologies in advance:-

Does anyone know if there are different versions of TOS 2.06? I had a
Compo T-board in my (now dead) STFM, and having recently bought an
STe, I tried swapping the existing TOS for that from the T-board. I
had always been led to believe that TOS 2.06 could be swapped
straight into an STe.

Basically it failed to work (yes I did try swapping the ROMs round),
so what I would like to know is:-

    Can an STe take 2.06 as a straight replacement, or do you _have_
    to use an adaptor of some sort (such as a T-board)?

    Are there different versions of 2.06 for the STe and STFM, or
    should it automatically detect the machine type?

    Why didn't it work?

Cheers,

Xav

--