Remember those tcp blues?

Now on net-080.

Observe the following two connections:

Active TCP connections
Proto  Recv-Q Send-Q Local-Address        Foreign-Address      State
TCP      1891      0 203.4.148.180:1039   203.4.148.1:6250     CLOSEWAIT
TCP      8192      0 203.4.148.180:1036   129.123.4.76:1138    ESTABLISHED
Active UDP connections
Proto  Recv-Q Send-Q Local-Address        Foreign-Address      State
UDP         0      0 *:ntalk              *:*                  CLOSED
UDP         0      0 *:talk               *:*                  CLOSED
UDP         0      0 *:chargen            *:*                  CLOSED
UDP         0      0 *:daytime            *:*                  CLOSED
UDP         0      0 *:discard            *:*                  CLOSED
UDP         0      0 *:echo               *:*                  CLOSED

They were closed 24 hours ago, and the processes at both ends terminated.

On a side note. My 44MB drive is now in use by my wife, and we run three
ST's here now. Here's the setup:

world -> 14K4 PPP <- firegate -> PLIP <- ganelon -> 19.2K CSLIP <- thelbane

Thelbane is a 4MB STe, TOS2.05, 100MB SCSI HD.
Ganelon is a 4MB STe, TOS2.05, 44MB SCSI HD.
Firegate is a 1MB STF, TOS1.0, DSDD Floppy.

All of them run the hsmodem 6 drivers, and serialfix 2.0.

Putting firegate in has improved throughput somewhat, as it has nothing to
do but watch the parallel and serial ports, and route packets. No CPU
cycles being eaten by other processes.

A curious note, though. I copied the setup from the 44MB HD to the 100MB.
(The 44MB was the original thelbane setup) I changed the name and ip on
the 44MB to ganelon, and the 100MB to thelbane. Fine.

However. No binaries compiled with the old resolver will do name lookups
from ganelon without the domain name appended. ('nslookup gateway1' fails
with a format error, but 'nslookup gateway1.brisnet.org.au' works),
similarly anything compiled with the compatibility libraries later
than...about 8 works fine (I have a copy of ping, ncftp, and a copy of
tinyfugue compiled thusly) but anything predating it fails.

(a) Can anyone shed light on this behaviour?
(b) Does anyone have a set of binaries linked with the newer libraries?

Dancer