[Freemint-list] Broken udelay() for m68000

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 07:25:09 MSD 2017

> Basically, mdelay(n) on m68000 equals to doing n*1000 dummy loops. How is
> this supposed to work? (on 020+ too, for that matter)

Maybe I should have clarified this a bit: the problem is that when a module
is compiled for 000 but used with a 060 kernel, like on the CT60 or Milan,
this can't be right at all -- even if the original timing matches (one loop
= 1 us), with a 060 CPU this can't be right anymore. And I seriously doubt
the timing is right for the 020 part as well.

Frankly, I have hard time understand why do we do measure time like this?
Isn't there a precise kernel timer for this kind of stuff?

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org